It's Never Too Late
It’s hard to believe we are rapidly approaching the end of 2017!! Wasn’t it just last month that we were envisioning our word of the year for 2017?? No? Hmmm. Given that it's been a while, it might be a good time to check in on our Word of the Year.
Remember-- our Word of the Year is like a compass. Even if you’ve lost your way -- a compass points you back in the direction you want to go. Now is a perfect time to re-evaluate and make course corrections so that you can end 2017 strong. It’s not too late.
Here are some questions to ask:
1. What did I want at the beginning of 2017?
2. Evalutation: How did I do? (no condemnation here!)
When we use a compass, it’s important not only to know where we want to go, but also —where we are… so we can begin to move in the right direction. We are looking for progress NOT perfection here!
What did I do well?
Where might I have missed the mark?
Where am I now?
For me…I didn’t live out of my authority 100% of the time, But I did grow in it. Most of the time I lived from a grounded, steadfast mindset.
3. Designing actions: Good intentions won’t help us as much as designing actions.
What could I do to get back on track?
What practical and ‘do-able”action steps will I take?
How and when will I do this?
How about you?
Will you take the “Word of the Year Check in Challenge” with me this week?
Here’s what it would involve:
1. Schedule 30 minutes this week in your calendar to check in on your progress with your word for 2017. (You can do that step right now). Take out your calendar and pencil a time in. (I use my phone and schedule audible reminders!)
2.Walk through each of the questions listed above.
3. Design your own personalized plan for course corrections.
It’s not rocket science. It can be simple. If it’s overwhelming…choose ONE do-able action step you can— and will take to move toward your word for 2017.
Who’s in? Let us know in the comments below.